Interview Transcription – Recruitment & Market Research
Meetings and interviews tend to dominate the modern business world. Our interview transcription service is for organisations that need to record disciplinary meetings, disputes, research, group discussions, etc. These can include documentation such as that needed for courts.
We specialise in transcribing for IT recruiters.
Transcribing recordings of focus group discussions, meetings and interviews is definitely a specialist skill. It’s more than just about typing words; the content is crucial, especially the terminology and the context of what is being recorded.
Making documents easy for our clients to use is extremely important, as is the client knowing that they can trust that the integrity of what is recorded is not lost.
We understand how difficult it can be for recruiters to ask all the right questions and capture the exact responses during reference checking in order to make a good decision. Because of the quality of this work it is not efficient to use voice recognition software.
Our interview transcription service accurately captures the information from audio recordings, cost effectively, and returns it to our client promptly, correctly formatted. We can provide samples of how we set out documents.
If your audio file is too large to be sent via email (i.e. larger than 25MB), using a system like Dropbox is an alternative. Work is deleted from Dropbox as soon as we have downloaded it. Couriering on an encrypted USB is a good option for extreme confidentiality.
Examples of our interview transcription work:
- Interviews of candidates and referees during the recruitment process.
- Business meetings.
- Market research – e.g. focus group discussions.
- We are able to enter time stamping with line numbering if required.
- We work to your timeframes, but will communicate honestly with you if we cannot meet them for this type of work.
What are the benefits of our interview transcription service?
- Using us to transcribe your recorded interviews will save you many hours of work doing it manually.
- With the experience of being in business since 2003 and having our team work within our office we are able to provide continuity and understanding about how you work. We also have a central system for archiving notes on your style, needs and terminology for future reference.
- Because this sort of work is spasmodic it makes sense to outsource to us so that you don’t have a team sitting in the office waiting for interviews to be available. This reduces your overheads.
- Our precise formatting allows you to quickly reference and index sections of interview transcripts.
- Easily analyse interview text and extract qualitative information.
- Reading interviews is much easier than playing back audio recordings.
- Verbatim transcribing gives you every word and nuance of speech, allowing you to accurately interpret job candidates’ answers to questions, and the comments of referees. Verbatim transcribing also helps market researchers who are as interested in the pauses, laughs, “ums and ahs” during consumer interviews and focus group discussions as they are in what the respondent has to say.
Improving the audio quality of interview recordings
- In a group situation, get only one person to speak at a time, and ask respondents to speak clearly so that everything is recorded.
- Position the recording device (smartphone, microphone, dictaphone) where it can pick up the speech of everyone who is going to talk.
- Record in a place that isn’t noisy. Choose your interview venue or meeting room so background noise is at a minimum.
- If you’ve got catering, serve food before the interview begins, and avoid making unnecessary noise such as shuffling papers about, moving chairs, or tapping fingers.